Today I couldn’t come up with my own idea for a brain dump. Imagine that. Who can’t do a five minute brain dump after a whole week of STUFF happening? So, I’m borrowing Fadra’s prompt today about a detail describing a way I like to relax. Here I go with one of the ways–
When I want to relax, it usually involves a romantic comedy on TV. I’ve gotten into watching TV again. For many previous years I didn’t, and that’s a whole other brain dump. I must have been really relaxed over the Christmas holidays because I bombarded myself with watching the Hallmark and Hallmark Movie channels and the Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Channels. They had so many cute Christmas themed shows and I enjoyed each and every one. I actually long for the romantic comedy now since Lifetime usually has movies along the lines of women’s fiction or drama and when I want to relax, I don’t want to have to figure out a crime or what will happen next. I only want to be entertained.
I’ll pour a glass of wine, or make some popcorn; sometimes both, or just have nothing but the movie and remote. If all else fails and I can’t find something I’m in the mood for, I can stick a DVD in the player and have at it with my own choice of movie, relax, take a deep breath, and be carried away with something that isn’t even close to my own reality. Escaping is what you might call my way of relaxing, but it helps and makes it easier to fall asleep with my heated blanket, and peaceful thoughts to chase away the nightmares.
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
1. Grab the button
(it’s over in the sidebar)
2. Write your post.
3. Link up here. All Things Fadra