I never would have done this challenge on my own, but I borrowed the topic from my good friend David at http://barsetshirediaries.wordpress.com/ who actually borrowed the idea from someone he follows—and her Top Ten Favorite Movies Blog Challenge.
I’m addicted to sappy, romantic movies but once in awhile I have to throw in Bond or some other dramatic movie to shake me back into reality and make me stop crying from all the “sappy romantic movies”.
- James Bond with Daniel Craig. We might as well add all the Daniel Craig James Bond movies here while we’re at it. Oh, and of course, Bond, James Bond Sean Connery. My son’s middle name is Sean. No connection. 😉 Maybe.
- All of them. Weighing in on the last one though. Sean Connery played in the first one, maybe others. Loved the ponytail.
- Still can’t watch without crying
SOMEWHERE in TIME
- Sigh. Takes place in my state on Mackinac Island—a beautiful island. What can I say? I stood at the same tree and whispered to my boyfriend, “Is it you?” It wasn’t him. This movie inspired me to write a time-travel romance.
- I love it for many reasons. The Italian family, the opera, Cher, bad ass Nicolas Cage, and everything else, too.
UNDER the TUSCAN SUN
- Everything. Diane Lane rocks in this movie. She rocked in Unfaithful, too. Let’s add that.
- This was a heart stopping psychological thriller/ mind game type movie.
- This inspired many emotions, both good and bad. True love at its finest.
LETTERS to JULIET
- I see a pattern here and it’s called Nicholas Sparks.
If I could keep going, I’d add half of the Hallmark Channel movies. LOL Oh, dear me. No wonder I write romance with a dose of women’s fiction.
This work has been released into the public domain by its author, ElinorD at the English Wikipedia project. This applies worldwide. (Cropped)
10 thoughts on “Top 10 Movies or Better Known as Top Tenner’s”
Moonstruck any day. Just love that movie …
If this keeps up we’ll have a Moonstruck club! Now I’m going to have to dig it out and watch it. I see it on TV a lot. 🙂 Happy you stopped by to read my list and comment, Siobhan.
Moonstruck is my all time favorite movie! Some people just don’t understand. I also love Ghost. I’ve seen a lot of these, but will have to check out a few.
Hi, Mary Ann, Moonstruck is one of those movies I can watch time and again. And I do. If you watch the ones by Nick Sparks, have Kleenex. Maybe that’s just me, but I don’t think so.
Oh, I thought of another one. It’s been running on the Hallmark Channel. The Lost Valentine with Bette White. That one did me in. Thanks for commenting.
Lovely, thanks for joining in. I can’t take to Daniel Craig as James Bond ever since I saw him as a gangster’s son chasing Tom Hanks in a film whose Title I’ve forgotten ( despite it being a brilliant film) James Bond is a good guy not a baddie ! I’ve noticed so far that Bridget Jones’ Diary hasn’t featured in any list I’ve seen. I’s so glad I didn’t bet myself £10 that it would or I wouldn’t be eating tomorrow.
Huge Hugs Mary J. xxxxxxxx
I’m glad I joined in, David. I can take to Daniel Craig as Bond just fine. 😉 Loved Skyfall. I haven’t seen Bridget Jones’ Diary. Hmm, I missed the movie you’re referring to with Daniel being the gangster. Hugs, back at you.
Wait a minute… You mean I’ve seen a romantic movie that you haven’t seen? Me, with my motto that Fantasy is more likely than Romance? You’ve really got to see Bridget Jones. 🙂
It’s true. I’ll add it to my watch list.
Umm… send popcorn!
I’m in the mood for some Tuscan Sun now. With popcorn–which I don’t have.