We’ll Begin With a NaNoWriMo Update
Reached Word count <50K> on day twenty-two. This is my fourth win in a row. I’ll continue to count words on the NaNo site until the end of the month. NaNo has a forum for anyone who wants to continue past November.
My NaNoWriMo 2013 Book Details:
Sensual Contemporary Western Romance
- Double Dutch Ranch Series: Love at First Sight #2
- Working Title: I’m not releasing it yet. My working titles tend to be my final title.
- Hero and Heroine: Jase Carlson & Brenna Page. This is Jase’s story. You’ll meet him in Cowboy Boss and his Destiny.
- 55,786 Words (At the time of this posting) About 2K words were written with pen and paper while I went through a 4.5 day power outage.
- 234 Pages
- Status: Unfinished (I’m still working on this full-length novel)
I’d love to hear about your NaNoWriMo experience if you participated.
Editing and Upcoming Book Information:
Cowboy Boss and his Destiny (Double Dutch Ranch Series: Love at First Sight #1) Final round of edits went back to the editor. UPDATE:
Final edits are finished! Available Now.
Hey, Cowboy (Bull Rider Series #2) Update: Available Now
Some of you are asking for this second book in the Bull Rider Series. I’m waiting for these edits to be returned. Still waiting.
More News About Cowboy Boss and his Destiny
Well, this is embarrassing. There will be a book cover change. I know. I loved the first cover. It’ll be the same, minus the holiday effects.
The thing is, this book began as a holiday novella. I had my wonderful cover designer go ahead and make the cover. So, I must give a shout-out to my cover designer. Dawné Dominique at DusktilDawn Designs puts up with a lot from me sometimes. Well, as I began writing, my characters and my muse had a different idea. The story swayed away from a holiday theme and went far beyond a novella.
In my mind, I couldn’t let you read this, expecting a Christmas story after it grew into so much more. It gnawed away at me. I asked my editor’s opinion and she agreed. Whew, I’m glad this decision was made before publication. This is better for all of us, because now Cowboy Boss and his Destiny can be read all year. Sure, you will see Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween holidays in the book. But, for now, Nora, Tristan, and Destiny wish to entertain you in a different way.
Dawné is working on my new cover as I write this. You’ll find information on all the books in the menu.
Books available so far in the Double Dutch Ranch Series: Love at First Sight
- #1 Cowboy Boss and his Destiny. The lightest storyline of all the books in this series. Why? Because I followed the advice of my muse.
- #1.5 Tristan’s Destiny, Bonus Book #1.5. Nora, Tristan, and Destiny’s story continues.
- #2 Heartbreak’s Reward—Jase’s story.
- #3 Of the Cowboy’s Own Accord. Dane, the youngest brother at the ranch stars in book three.
I have a couple works in progress I’d like to see published in the coming year, but it’s so much fun writing western romance, that I’m not sure I want to leave it yet, and maybe I never will.
No matter if you’re a writer or not, do you have planned projects for 2014? Maybe I should ask this question on December 31st instead of now. Believe me, I’m not trying to rush this year.
As always, please feel free to follow my blog via email updates or the follow button. Thank you.
Happy holiday shopping. Be careful out there. I’d also like to extend a belated Thanksgiving wish to my fellow American friends. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone.