#MerryChristmas2015, #NewYear2016, 2015 Wrap-UP & 2016 Optimisms, Amazon #1 Best Seller, Contemporary #western romance series, cowboys, Full Length Novel, Happy New Year, Mary J McCoy-Dresel, Romance, western romance, works in progress, Year End Wrap Up
A lot of bloggers are doing an End of the Year Wrap Up. I can’t recall ever doing this. Last year was my big publishing year with four books published. It was exciting yet scary for many reasons. But now, we’re talking about 2015. Here we go…
2015 Break Down:
- Of the Cowboy’s Own Accord Bk #3
Amazon #1 Best Seller in Contemporary Western Romance. Army Ranger Dane Carlson, the third and youngest brother at the Double Dutch Ranch—finally got his own book.
- Tease to Please
Book Bundle of Extraordinary Author Excerpts.
50 Acclaimed NYT, USA Today & Amazon Best Selling and Award-Winning Authors share an excerpt from one of their books. I chose an excerpt from Of the Cowboy’s Own Accord. I write sensual romance. (Many excerpts in the book are adult rated.)
- NaNoWriMo: Won my sixth year and finished 50K words on the 23rd of November.
Writing Progress in 2015: #AmWriting
- New western romance: This contemporary romance story came to me in a whirlwind with nothing more than an idea from a country song, although while writing, it changed direction. Completed first draft in December. Coming late 2016. (This was my 2015 NaNoWriMo novel.)
- Double Dutch Ranch Series: Love at First Sight Began writing book #4.
- Bull Rider Series #3 Completed first draft in December. Coming in 2016.
The Year in General:
- During 2015, this lady was sick for more than two months beginning in May.
- In addition to being sick, a book needed editing and to get published on time, all while searching for a new place to live. The book was Of the Cowboy’s Own Accord. Needless to say, my cowboys remained in limbo as writing came to a halt. It was hard for me to accept an unwanted writing break. Fortunately, I believe things happen for a reason. Once settled in my new place, I began writing again.
- The print book for Howdy, Ma’am was retired indefinitely in 2015. Available in eBook format.
- My cover designer helped me to create an author brand.
- Both of my sons have had a healthy and productive year. This makes a mom happy. 🙂
- After being unofficially diagnosed with a brain tumor last March, my fur baby is doing well. Her medication helps immensely. The neurological veterinarian said we might have a year with her. (I included her in my newest book.)
- Recently, I discovered Netflix!
This isn’t where my wrap-up ended in the first draft of writing my post and I could go on…and on. But, this is where I chose to cut it off.
As I wrote out my year, I realized, all in all, the year had been good to me.
Most of it isn’t necessary to share with the world, for once I start saying all the good stuff I wanted to say, a part of me knows that the boat doesn’t always float on an even keel for long, and I don’t want to jinx myself. Superstition? Nah, just reality. No, I’m not a negative person, in fact, I’m rather positive and try to live with a positive attitude, but the boat floating “off keel” has happened more times than I care to remember.
The Upcoming Year?
- Stay healthy.
- Love and hug my fur baby while I can. ❤
- Write whatever new idea comes to my muse during the year.
- Begin a new series in 2016.
- Try to stick to a blogging schedule. Semi-schedule? A couple posts a week? At least one? LOL
This too could go on and on, but not today. 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to visit.
I’ll return tomorrow to wish you all…well, you know what happens tomorrow. *Wink*
Happy New Year to those already celebrating 2016.
For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, “Little Gidding”
If you’d like to stay informed of new releases and important book updates, please consider signing up for my Mailing List. Don’t worry. I won’t send spam.
Have an enjoyable day!