It seems I talk about my heroes more than I do my heroines. Maybe because I write some books with a hero focus POV, and I admit, they’re doggone hot. The heroines make the guys who they are as you see them. I love my heroines like daughters or a best friend.
I have decided to do a small series featuring my lady stars. 🙂 Part of my tagline reads, …And the Proud Women Who Stand by Their Side. Their side? Yes. Those gentleman cowboys who may have just a touch of bad.
Let’s begin with Velia Armano from the Bull Rider Series. She was my first heroine in the most recent years. She’s a thirty-two year old photographer when the series begins. One day, a bull rider strutted into her shop catching her…and her heart, off guard.
She had been living in a self-appointed exile for the past six months, but those sexy flame-blue eyes drew her in, as he said, “Howdy, ma’am…”
I love Velia for her confidence, strength, and determination. She had recently gone through a rough time, and no longer takes any “bull” from anyone. This didn’t come easy because she had hurdles to overcome.
I had to ask myself– What kind of heroine would a bull rider want? Caulder wasn’t a one-night-stand kind of guy. Hey, he could use some extra publicity after being away from the circuit for a while! Bingo. In walked Velia, but in this case, in walked the cowboy. A reviewer pictured Velia as Catherine Zeta-Jones. I couldn’t agree more.
Velia has many faces.
- Former travel photographer. Now, travels the circuit photographing bull riders.
- She became a business owner in Tucson, Arizona.
- She’s the only daughter in a close-knit Italian family.
- A sister to two siblings.
- She’s a cousin to a younger set of cousins.
- She’s downright sexy without even trying. When she gets sexy on purpose– Yahoo, look out bull rider.
- If you’re a guest in her home, expect to be catered to and waited on.
- Cooking is something she’s always done and loves doing it.
- There is a lot more to Velia, but it’s best I don’t give away too much about her. She wouldn’t like that and she carries a concealed weapon. It runs in the family.
Do any of you have a question for Velia?
See how Velia got her name in this post.
Her feelings were still a little raw, but she granted me an Interview here.
Meet the other heroines at the link for Meet Our Heroines.
I’d love if you followed my blog or signed up for my mailing list. I only send out an occasional newsletter to announce a new release, or news about an important book update.
Thanks for visiting today!
Image Credits: Romance Novel Covers, Dreamstime