#AmWriting Blog Hopping & Switching Topics #MFRWauthor, #MFRWauthor, 52-week blog challenge, blog hop, diecast collectibles, Favorite Book Quotes, Marketing for Romance Writers, My Favorite Things, Nora Roberts top 7 tips for writers and authors
It’s time again for Marketing for Romance Writers 52-Week Blog Challenge using the hashtag #MFRWauthor.
We’re up, or down, to week forty. Yes, that’s correct. We’re forty weeks into 2017. Each time I begin a post for a new week, I ask myself what happened to the rest of the year. It’s been bittersweet for sure.
I can answer by saying my butt has been in the chair a lot of the time.
The most important advice in the world: BICHOK, which stands for Butt In Chair, Hands On Keyboard. ~Nora Roberts.
Well, mine is, but I don’t get out as many books as I wish I could. Looking back on the year, I’ve also been the Mother-of-the-Groom, got a new car, had a visit from my oldest son from California, injured my back, had to have my dog put down, watched my youngest son move away, published my ninth western romance novel, wrote the tenth, started the eleventh, and began a new project that is held in secret for now. There are other things I’ve done in forty weeks, but this isn’t what today’s post is about. It’s good to reminisce now and then.
Week 40 Favorite Book Quotes
I don’t get this week’s topic. Do I add some of what I think are my own favorite book quotes? Best quotes from some of my favorite books? Well, to be honest, I’m skipping this topic. Instead I’ll go with a topic from a week I missed–Week #1 of the 52-Week Blog Challenge. As far as I know there are no rules against this. I apologize if I’m breaking any.
A Few Of My Favorite Things
I didn’t come in until Week Five. Do you know there are some authors who have written a blog post each week? This is week “forty” so give them a hand. Congratulations, fellow authors.
For my Week 40, I’m using the topic: A Few of My Favorite Things ((In no particular order.)
- Pictures of my kids and family. Of course!
2. My laptop, iPad, Kindle Fire, and phone. I could have summed it up by saying my electronics. These are my favorite things because I use them to do my job. Plus my brain, eyes, and hands. <Grin>
3. A polished marble slab with a collectible marble Friesian horse. The marble slab is 8 x 4 inches in size. As you can see, this slab has a gold plaque attached. Betsy is a Friesian horse (all black) in Cowboy Boss and his Destiny. This was a gift from my son, but it was my daughter-in-law who gave him the idea.
They purchased this at a gift shop in a cute little town in the thumb area of Michigan on the shores of Lake Huron. I’ve been there myself. Mmm, they have delicious fudge. They bought this while spending a weekend in the area. My daughter-in-law (before she was my daughter-in-law) had previously given me the cowboy boot keychain.
You can lift open the top of the horse. Inside you’ll find this cute little necklace.
4. My Detroit Red Wings signed hockey jersey. When I say signed, I mean it is signed by nearly the whole team—the back-to-back Stanley Cup winners, including the badass Grind Line, and Mike Ilitch, the team owner. What a night it was to be partying in the same room with these guys. The problem is, there is no proof of authenticity. I do have proof for about five of these guys from signings on different occasions. This is more sentimental than anything. The highlight of the night was when Darren McCarty put his arm around me for pictures. He’s a good hugger, too. He was my favorite player at the time. Swoon-worthy.
5. Another favorite thing of mine is hobby tools. A Canon point and shoot camera. A Canon DSLR and all the equipment that goes with it.
7. A collectible diecast model of a 1995 red Dodge Ram pickup truck. LOL, yes, you read that correctly. It matches the first truck I ever owned all by myself. At the time of purchasing this vehicle, many things in my life had begun to change. I drove it for eighteen years. Her name was Lady in Red.
8. Here’s a horse picture that hangs on my wall. I have two. The other one is different but the same size. This picture is 28×28 inches.
This could go on and on, so I’ll stop here. Most of my favorite things have a special meaning. It doesn’t take much to please me. My older favorite things have survived many moves. I don’t see all my favorites because some are packed away, but I know they’re here if I need to see them.
This is a Blog Hop. I wonder how other authors in this challenge used the correct topic for the week– Favorite Book Quotes. Want to hop over and find out with me? Here’s the LINK. You don’t have to be a romance writer or reader to visit.
Thanks for your visit today. I’m glad you joined me in this switched-up post. I don’t see anything wrong with coloring outside of the lines now and then, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone.
I wouldn’t feel right without saying something about what happened this week. Sending heartfelt condolences and prayers to victims and families in Las Vegas. My heart is still broken over such devastating news and actions by another cowardly individual. I choose not to think about him, but instead to think about the victims, families, and heroes. Unfortunately, there are so many scammers setting up donation sites. If you are donating, please check your local news channels or do your own research before hitting a Donate button.