I’m too late to get into this week’s Marketing For Romance Writers 52-Week Blog Challenge Blog Hop, but I had this mostly written, and here I am. Ha-ha. It still took me this long to get it posted.
Ready for excuses?
- Yesterday was my birthday. 🎂
- In the early morning a friend picked me up, and we went on a short little drive to have something repaired. This was an unfamiliar area to both of us, so we made it an adventure with lunch out, too.
- Last night, I forgot to finish and post this.
- I’m working on two books which can be quite distracting.
- Did I mention I was up early? Tiredness crept up on me.
- This morning I made myself presentable to rush over to an apartment complex because the manager called to tell me an apartment was available! She wasn’t there. I’m moving next month if everything goes to plan. Things often don’t go “to plan” for me.
There is no excuse as to why I didn’t set this up to automatically post at a certain time.
Now we find ourselves at Week 26. Yikes!
My Favorite Indulgence
An older #MFRWauthor post about guilty pleasures gives a better idea of what I might indulge in, but some are now off-limits.
This week’s post is going to be short and sweet—well, not sweet since I’m rarely eating sugar these days, which means I can’t say I indulge in chocolate. Boo Hoo. That takes the fun out of indulgence.
I don’t miss chocolate, too much, but enough to want it sometimes. If I sampled it again, I’d want more, more, and more. Same with Pringles.
I’m on a special diet due to health issues, so I’m not indulging in certain food. You know, like steak or any red meat, which rules out just about anything except fish and poultry. Yep, you got it.
Of course, I’m eating lots of veggies. I don’t indulge in eating anymore. I still crave what I can’t have. I miss pizza! Weighing the options, though, makes it easier to do what’s right for me.
Did I turn this week’s topic around and mention what I don’t indulge in? It seems so. Oops.
At this point in my life, I’m walking most days. I watch Netflix and read on my Kindle—my escapes once I walk away from my computer for the evening. If only my characters would get the hint that I’m taking a break. Gotta love them anyway.
But I don’t call this indulgence. It’s more like giving my brain a break. I’m treating my body better. Maybe that’s my favorite indulgence these days. Ask me again next year.
I know. I know. How exciting. You don’t have to tell me how boring this sounds. Even so, I am in a good place in my life for now.
Today is extremely hot here. Stay cool wherever you might be.
Nope, I’m not participating, officially, this week, but it’s still a Blog Hop topic. Let’s go see what everyone else is indulging in by clicking HERE.