2019 Week 1: Doing it for Fun, Profit, or Other.
🎉 Happy New Year! 🎉
Look what’s back in 2019. For the heck of it, I checked the Marketing for Romance Writers 52-Week Blog Challenge page and found the first topic for this year. So, it looks like you have something to read over here on Fridays. These days I need a topic to get me going.
Week One: Doing it for fun, profit, or other. I should make this about writing, huh? My mind went somewhere else for a moment. Ha-Ha.
#AmWriting Time is Money ~ Or Is It Something Else? #MFRWauthor
Why not all three?
Writing is fun. When it stops being fun, I’ll quit writing. However, I don’t know if I’ll be able to set it aside if the day comes. Writing calls to me. It would hurt so much if I couldn’t write. I’ve already said in an earlier post, if I don’t see changes in the upcoming year, I will stop publishing, which doesn’t mean I’ll stop writing. Would I continue to nurture what is published? I don’t know.
All the other jobs that go hand-in-hand with writing aren’t fun, anymore.
If you aren’t new here, you know I also write for profit—for survival—to live the simple lifestyle I choose to live on my own. Simple in the true sense of the word. Without the book income, well, it’s too scary to think about. Writing for profit is an addition to the fun part.
- For my readers who wait patiently for the next story.
- My love of writing. Putting pen to paper or having my fingers on the keyboard soothes my soul.
- To quiet the voices inside. If I allowed the voices inside to be let loose without writing the ideas down, Lord only knows what might happen. My head might burst. 😱 Would you be willing to take the chance of your head exploding? Not me. This takes me back to the question about writing when it’s no longer “FUN” and the ability to stop or not. How would I fill my time if writing wasn’t a part of my life?
- I love creating characters and their stories.
- ❤ I choose to believe in happily-ever-after, but I have considered adding an additional genre later on.
What about you authors reading this post? Have you asked yourself why you write? For fun? For Profit? Other reasons?
Authors taking part in this 2019 52-Week Challenge blog hop have answered the question in the topic this week. Check them out here.
Thanks for reading!
Note: I’m behind in reading last week’s blogs. I will catch up on this and last week.