I’ve been away from Thursday 13 for a long, long time. I think about it when I see other postings for it on Twitter. Here we are now in January 2023, I’m using “Press This” to have a little fun with a reboot since this post was originally published 2014.
Why I’m Sick of Winter:
- For the season: 67.9 inches of snow. This
iswas a record in Detroit. It’s snowing now, again, after eight inches yesterday. UPDATE: It’s been snowing on and off (mostly on) for seven of eight days so far – January 2023.
- Below zero temperatures. Records were broken here, too. Update: You guessed it. New records were broken- January 2023.
- I can drive my new car, but I don’t in bad weather. Thirty minutes ago my son dug out someone who was out on the road. I don’t want it to be me. Update: This son moved out of state, so I’d have to help myself – January 2023.
- I can’t see the cool color of my car when covered with snow. The paint changes between three colors. I love it! Update: I no longer have that car, but my current car has a cool color too.
- In one day: snow, rain, sleet, ice, snow, and wind. Okay, so this is typical for Michigan. Update: In one day, snow, rain, sleet, ice, snow, and wind – January 2023 in Michigan.
- I’m wearing gloves…inside. (While I type) Update: I’m wearing gloves – January 2023.
- Three layers of shirts plus a hoodie. Update: In my current apartment, I don’t need four layers of clothes – January2023.
- Pushing a grocery cart through the parking lot? Update: Yawn. Yep – 2023, but I’ve played it smart and go when snow has been plowed. I’m not getting any younger you know.
- Trudging to the mailbox. Update: Mailboxes are inside our apartment buildings here! All I have to do is walk up and down a flight of stairs – January 2023.
- Getting snow balls off my dog’s paws. Okay, I’m being picky here. LOL, she does it herself. Update: My dog crossed the Rainbow Bridge some years ago. 😥
- My oldest son invited me to California. I didn’t go. Update: Doggone! I didn’t go – January 2023.
- Salt on my car when I go out. But, I’m not complaining because it keeps the road from being slick. (When the temperature is warn enough, that is.)
- I’ll end this list on a positive note: Snow is beautiful when it first comes down. To those of you who love snow, I give you a big pat on the back. Enjoy. So you know—I could probably come up with a positive for most of these negatives. I like to live more in the positive than negative anyway.
You can find some of my old 13’s by typing Thursday Thirteen in the search box in the sidebar or toward bottom on a mobile phone.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Update: This link no longer works – January 2023.